[meta-freescale] [question] What is the state of qt5 webengine html5 hw acceleration support?

Glenn R Heard Jr grheard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 06:34:48 PST 2017

Hello meta-freescale community!

I am currently working on a program to replace an aging multimedia system
based on an OMAP2 to an NXP/Freescale i.MX6Q. I am excited by the
possibility of dropping our old manual handling of video tags in the html
for a more automated approach. I was disappointed in the NXP yocto package
as it does not appear that Qt5 webengine and the i.MX6 work well together.
I ran into problems getting it to render in both X11 and EGLFS. In googling
for a solution, I found mention of this meta-freescale community. Before I
spend a lot of time working on getting an fsl-community-bsp image put
together with meta-qt5, I thought I might ask what the current state of
support is for Qt's webengine and hardware acceleration?

Thanks,
Glenn.