[meta-freescale] Building Qt5 Jethro on Wandboard

Marcin marcin.k at comcast.net
Fri Feb 5 07:55:44 PST 2016

I finally successfully built the image with Qt5 Jethro on wand board. Previously I had issues with removing X11 which I cannot explain, but after starting from scratch I did this.

Followed tutorials:
http://wiki.wandboard.org/Getting_started_with_Yocto_on_Wandboard
http://wiki.wandboard.org/Building_Qt5_using_yocto_on_Wandboard
1) first built core-image-minimal
2) added meta-qt5 updated bblayers.conf and rebuilt core-image-minimal
3)  built fsl-image-multimedia-full
4) added packages in local.conf and rebuilt --> here I got errors with the following packages:
packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer \ → changed to packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer1.0 \
qtbase-examples \ → removed
qtdeclarative-examples \ → removed
qtmultimedia-examples \ → removed
qt3d-tools \ → removed
alsa-utils-alsaconf \ → removed
qtquickcontrols-qmlplugins \ → removed ( I need this!)

Most of the above failed with "not found in the base feeds"
Nothing RPROVIDES 'alsa-utils-alsaconf'

Build finished OK once I removed the above and made the obvious change to gstreamer.

I have two questions:
1) I would appreciate if someone could shine some light on why these are missing
2) qtquickcontrols-qmlplugins is a bit of problem because it contains QtQuick.Layouts which I need for my application

Thanks

Marcin