[meta-freescale] Getting Started With A New freescale / NXP LS1021-TWR

Thomas Thorne Thomas.Thorne at net2edge.com
Wed Aug 31 08:34:23 PDT 2016

Hi Bob,

I am pleased to report that using the latest community BSP I have been able to get an LS1021A-TWR-PB to boot and provide a login prompt.

Poky (Yocto Project Reference Distro) 2.1.1 ls1021atwr /dev/ttyS0

ls1021atwr login: root
root at ls1021atwr:~#
root at ls1021atwr:~# uname -a
Linux ls1021atwr 3.12.37-rt51+ls1+gf488de6 #1 SMP Wed Aug 31 13:13:11 BST 2016 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

My original problem was an issue with the command I had saves as an environment variable in u-boot. Once that was corrected things started to work much better. My next hiccup was trying to do an NFS boot when the kernel does not seem to like starting with a static IP address.  Now I am up and rolling the IP stack is at least working for a local loopback ping.

> There are older versions of the Tower board with earlier (rev 1 ) silicon.  I have one of these, but it's on the shelf.
Do you know if there is a way to determine which version of silicon the chip is?  As I have got this all up and working with the latest code, I take it that I am looking at a board with the more recent silicon version on it.

Regards,

Thomas A. F. Thorne<mailto:Thomas.Thorne at Net2Edge.com>  Software Engineer  Net2Edge<http://www.net2edge.com/>