[meta-freescale] imx6 kernel 4.1.1 doesn't find rootfs and sd-card

Markus Haege haemarkus at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 07:04:45 PDT 2016

=> repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b
krogoth

A while ago I tried to migrate from (working) fido to krogoth with an imx6
custom board.
The Kernel boots, but fails to load rootfs. I exchanged kernel zImage from
krogoth with the kernel from jethro (3...) and login apeared. Not willing
to debug the kernel i continued to work with fido till today and tried to
make a quick hack with the updated kernel 4 from branch krogoth and u-boot
2016.03.

It stops at the same line:

Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2...

No message in bootlog about the sd-card partitions. A few months ago I
spend lots of time with googling and try/error (kernel-config) but didn't
find solution. Is there a adjustment to make in new Kernel 4.1.1, to find
rootfs and the partitions?

Thanks a lot

Markus