[meta-freescale] Getting Started With A New freescale / NXP LS1021-TWR

Thomas A. F. Thorne MEng AUS MIET Thomas.Thorne at Net2Edge.com
Thu Aug 25 05:52:54 PDT 2016

Good afternoon,

Has anyone got a kernel from a recent release to come up on a recently
produced LS1021TWR board?  I have been struggling to get an LS1021-TWR
board booting from images that I have generated using the community
freescale.  I have also tried to use the freescale SDK for the board
without much success, so it seems likely there is some common fault,
probably with my configuration, if not the hardware or pre-loaded
binaries.

I ask specifically about it being a recently produced board as it sounds
as if the CPU has been updated and may not work as it did before.  This
is based off of some discussions I had with a distributor over the past
couple of weeks.  Initially I thought this was something causing an
issue with just the LS1021-IOT boards and their SDKs but it sounds like
both Internet Of Things and ToWeR designs are effected.

I had made a post about my difficulties on the NXP Community site, but
not received any comments on it yet.
https://community.nxp.com/thread/432937  The post includes a summary of
my issue, the environment variables that I have set and the serial
output from the board.  I can provide further details through this
mailing list too, but I did not want to generate a huge email full of
what might be irrelevant data.  The short summary is that I get as far
as the "Starting kernel ..." message and then see no further output from
the board.  This is true when trying to boot from the SD card or over NFS.

If anyone can provide any suggestions or pointers I would be very
grateful to hear them.

Regards, Thomas

--
Thomas Thorne  Software Engineer  Net2Edge Limited
Tel: +44 3450 130 030

Net2Edge Limited is a company registered in England & Wales (Company No. 2438435, VAT No. GB 537553821) Passfield Oak, Liphook, Hampshire, GU30 7RL. This email transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or disseminate the information, or take any action in reliance of it. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of any organisation or employer. If you have received this message in error, do not open any attachment but please notify the sender (above) and delete this message from your system. Please rely on your own virus check. Although all outbound mail is checked for viruses, no responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage rising out of any bug or virus infection.