[meta-freescale] imx6dl-riotboard: Does not generate valid SD card image

Dominic Sacré dominic.sacre at gmx.de
Tue Aug 9 09:26:12 PDT 2016

On 2016-08-09 17:55, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 12:36 PM, Daiane Angolini <daiane.list at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Turab Iqbal <turab_ at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>>> The solution that worked for me was to add the following to
>>> meta-fsl-arm-extra/conf/machine/imx6dl-riotboard.conf:
>>> SOC_FAMILY = "mx6:mx6dl"
>>>
>>> I don't know if this is the most appropriate fix, though, which is why I'm
>>> not submitting a patch.
>>
>> The very same happens with imx6sl-warp, but NOT with imx7s-warp
>>
>> I was not able to find time to debug the image_types_fsl class so far
>> (but it's in my endless task list)
>
> The SoC family solution works but will break other things as it will
> enable the i.MX specific patches and support.
>
> I think we need to find other alternative to fix the issue.

What kind if things would break when setting SOC_FAMILY = "mx6:mx6dl"?
Why wouldn't riotboard be "part of the family"?

I've been using a modified riotboard machine config for some time, in
which I set SOC_FAMILY so that I can run linux-fslc-imx on riotboard.

Also the board seems to get the wrong DEFAULTTUNE unless SOC_FAMILY is
set ("armv7a-neon", should be "cortexa9thf-neon").

Dominic