[meta-freescale] Build problems with MSC Q7, Yocto and Chromium

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Thu Oct 29 03:53:15 PDT 2015

Hello Gary,

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 5:55 AM, Gary MacDonald <garymacbo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an MSC Q7 board and I'm trying to build Yocto to include an
> accelerated Chromium.
>
> I seem to be really struggling to get the HW acceleration/GPU to kick in.
> I'm trying to get the OSSystems meta-browser layer to work, but for some
> reason I'm unable to fathom, the build always fails at do_rootfs when I add
> the CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL+="chromium"  into the local.conf file.

The MSC is not supported by FSL Community BSP so it may include subtle
changes which impact this feature, or not. I suggest you to use Fido -
or Jethro with GCC 4.9 - for Chromium as it is known to have issues
with GCC 5.2 at this moment.

Apart from that, I suggest you to check the rootfs error to see if it
provides any tip where the problem is.