[meta-freescale] Build problems with MSC Q7, Yocto and Chromium

Gary MacDonald garymacbo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 00:55:23 PDT 2015

I have an MSC Q7 board and I'm trying to build Yocto to include an
accelerated Chromium.

I seem to be really struggling to get the HW acceleration/GPU to kick in.
I'm trying to get the OSSystems meta-browser layer to work, but for some
reason I'm unable to fathom, the build always fails at do_rootfs when I add
the CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL+="chromium"  into the local.conf file.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can get the meta-browser
layer/Chromium to build or just to get the hardware acceleration going in a
browser I'd be very grateful. I'm getting fed up with banging my head
against the wall on this...