[meta-freescale] from where to start to port some patches to a newer kernel

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Wed Oct 21 10:40:41 PDT 2015

On 10/21/2015 06:53 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> So first thing I would do is to move for U-Boot mainline (or here, u-boot-fslc).

[snip]

> I would take linux-fslc 4.1 branch or linux mainline (4.3-rcX).

Sorry for trying hard to be as much as I can a freeloader ;) but which
one is going to be the one that once I finish my work I'll see supported
by others?
Or maybe to suggest a different opportunity:
which one do you think has more chances to be adopted by the
manufacturer once I'll knock at their door and say "look what a nice
work I've done for free, you'll get much love if you take care of it"?
I'm not sure I'm going to succeed, but why shouldn't I try?

>> Crossing fingers I may not have to learn how uboot works right now.

> It is a nice software and worth learning it ;-)

I've a long list of things I'd like to learn earlier and currently with
a higher return than uboot.
First I'll have to re-read how to hack a kernel in yocto ;)

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it