[meta-freescale] ls1021 is failing to build with GCC 5.2

Abdur Rehman abdur_rehman at mentor.com
Thu Oct 8 03:00:37 PDT 2015

On Sat, Oct 03, 2015 at 12:10:32PM -0400, Bob Cochran wrote:
> Perhaps related:
>
> I also find that a t1040 (ppc64) kernel built using GCC 5.2 and the
> meta-freescale linux-qoriq recipe won't boot (stuck before console
> output).  It does build though.
>
> However, I can use the same commit and build & boot it without any
> issues using GCC 4.9.2 ( tools bundled with fsl sdk 1.8 ).
>
> I haven't had a chance to look into it yet.
>
> Bob

I am facing same 'stuck before console' issue on T4240RDB when kernel
is compiled with GCC 5.2. Kernel compiled with GCC 4.9.1 boots fine.

I reported this to the freescale community here:
https://community.freescale.com/message/574126

It would be nice if you could update the thread with your findings.

Thanks,
Abdur Rehman