[meta-freescale] ls1021 is failing to build with GCC 5.2

Bob Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Sat Oct 3 09:10:32 PDT 2015

On 10/03/2015 10:31 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> The autobuilder has catch a build error in the LS1021 kernel, see:
>
> http://ci.ossystems.com.br/view/FSL%20Community%20BSP%20-%20master-next/job/fsl-community-bsp-master-next_wayland-ls1021atwr/839/consoleText
>
> It is related to the GCC 5.2 use, please look at this.

Perhaps related:

I also find that a t1040 (ppc64) kernel built using GCC 5.2 and the
meta-freescale linux-qoriq recipe won't boot (stuck before console
output).  It does build though.

However, I can use the same commit and build & boot it without any
issues using GCC 4.9.2 ( tools bundled with fsl sdk 1.8 ).

I haven't had a chance to look into it yet.

Bob