[meta-freescale] i.MX6 AMP

Edward Wingate edwingate8 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 19:35:04 PDT 2015

Hello,

I have used Yocto and FSL community BSP to successfully create
core-image-minimal for a Wandboard Dual.  I have a few questions I
hope you can help me with.

1) Does this from ~20 months ago still hold true that meta-fsl-arm
kernels cannot be configured via fragments?
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2014-February/007037.html

2) The default kernel for wandboard is 3.14.  Are there are any
efforts in progress anywhere to make kernel 4.x work on the wandboard?
 If so, I'd be willing to help with testing and/or porting.

3) Does i.MX6 support AMP configuration?  From these links, it seems
possible, but I can't find any remoteproc/rpmsg drivers for i.MX6 or
any concrete implementation running.

http://www.dave.eu/news/asymmetric-multiprocessing-amp-freescale-imx6
https://community.freescale.com/thread/302483
http://community.arm.com/thread/4929

Perhaps the drivers are proprietary to dave.eu/polycore?

Thanks for your help.