[meta-freescale] [ANN] Vybrid support going to be removed if no one jumps in for proper maintenance

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Wed Oct 7 14:17:19 PDT 2015

Hello Tony,

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Tony Felice <tony.felice at timesys.com> wrote:
> We recently released Linux 3.13 GA and MCC 2.1 for the Vybrid Tower
> platform, and I have been working on integrating this into the meta-fsl-arm
> layer. The patchwork to bump 3.0.15 to 3.13 is almost complete, I expect it
> to be ready by tomorrow.

I think 3.13 is too old and also fail to build with GCC 5.2.

Toradex has done an amazing job adding support for 4.1 kernel and if
someone is willing to adopt their work and push it for meta-fsl-arm, I
take it.  If no one adopts the core BSP than I can accept your patches
(with proper GCC 5.2 support) but this is my last option.

I waited for too long by you guys. Sorry.