[meta-freescale] [ANN] Vybrid support going to be removed if no one jumps in for proper maintenance

Tony Felice tony.felice at timesys.com
Wed Oct 7 14:12:11 PDT 2015

Hi Otavio,

We recently released Linux 3.13 GA and MCC 2.1 for the Vybrid Tower
platform, and I have been working on integrating this into the meta-fsl-arm
layer. The patchwork to bump 3.0.15 to 3.13 is almost complete, I expect it
to be ready by tomorrow.

Thanks,

Tony

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 4:58 PM, Otavio Salvador <
otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> The Vybrid support in the meta-fsl-arm is mostly dead upstream as they
> are non-responsive for the requests we did[1]. In other occasions I
> tried to contact them privately asking for their help and there
> without success.
>
> 1.
> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2015-August/015665.html
>
> The kernel is quite old (3.0.15) and has problems building with
> current toolchain (GCC 5.2) and several known security flaws.
>
> Is there someone willing to adopt it? otherwise I plan to send a
> removal patch for it in next coming days.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> --
> Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
> http://www.ossystems.com.br        http://code.ossystems.com.br
> Mobile: +55 (53) 9981-7854            Mobile: +1 (347) 903-9750

Tony Felice
Vybrid Technical Lead
Timesys Corporation