[meta-freescale] Error with weston 1.8.0 on linux 3.14.28 using imx-gpu-viv_5.0.11.p7.1-hfp

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Tue Oct 6 04:32:00 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 1:31 AM, Vikas Patil <vikasmpatil at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried but it is not working with imx-gpu-viv_5.0.11.p7.1-hfp.
>
> Then I replaced the vivante gfx driver to imx-gpu-viv_5.0.11.p4.5-hfp and it
> worked

Great. This proves it is related to the GPU driver.

> but still the touch input not working as new libinput based input
> backend requires input device to be tagged by udev as "ID_INPUT" and
> "ID_INPUT_TOUCHSCREEN". I am not sure for this if the udev daemon needs to
> be running as my system uses mdev. See the detailed issue at
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2015-September/024467.html.

Using a complete udev could be a valuable test; mdev is limited (but
powerful) and as you are running a graphical backend your seems does
not seem to be so constrained that udev would impose challenges,
resource wise.

> I also tried weston 1.6.0 from meta-ivi 9.0 branch and facing issue with QT
> opengl application. See details at
> https://community.freescale.com/message/573665#573665.
>
> Could you please let me know if you have any suggestion on above issues I am
> facing?

I want to get the kernel module working properly so we can use new GPU
drivers without hassle. Your report indicates it is not yet the case
and I am very concerned about it.

I added Neena and Prabhu, in Cc, so they can also help you with those issues.