[meta-freescale] iMX28 EVK can't change display timings in Linux 2.6.35.3

Cjb_SW Freescale cjb.sw.nospam at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 01:33:39 PDT 2015

Dear All,
I'm working on a custom board based upon iMX28EVK, with which it shares a
big part of schematics.
My problem is that with the SEIKO 4.3" (the evaluation kit display)
everything work perfectly.
With another display I can see the visible area shifted about 5-6mm from
the left part.
I tried to change the sources in the module *lcd_43wvf1g.c* adapting all
the values (timings, clocks, Fporch Hporch and so on) to my LCD
specifications, but nothing change on the output.
So I'm asking, how can I configure a new display in the kernel?
How are the kernel CommandLine variables parsed for video interface? Is
there one?

Please kindly help me..
Thank you
Simone