[meta-freescale] linux-congatec (fido) silent after Starting kernel ...

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Wed May 20 07:27:58 PDT 2015

Hi Peter, Nikolay.

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 9:44 PM, Peter Bergin <peter.bergin at tritech.se>
wrote:

>  Hi Leon,

Could you check the version of your u-boot on the target? Probably you have
> 2009.x or something that doesn't have support for DTB. In that case you
> must upgrade your u-boot to 2013.xx in order to boot kernel with
> device-tree.
>
> Regards,
> /Peter

Peter, indeed: U-Boot 2009.08-00671-g5e573f0 QMX6Rx07 pn016103 (Jan 15 2014
- 14:19:05)

Wow. It would have taken me ages to consider the boot loader didn't support
device tree yet.

Thanks Nikolay for confirming a DTB is needed. In fact my boot log in my
email did copy the DTB, but it's hidden at the top just before loading the
kernel.

I have put the .sdcard image on a uSD card for the module SD slot (not the
carrier board SD slot).
I think the Congatec always loads from SPI NOR first (where the old u-boot
lives).

Peter, what did you do to boot the u-boot from uSD card?

Regards,

Leon.

Thanks,
--