[meta-freescale] FlexCAN in imx6q-sabresdb

Keskinarkaus, Teemu Teemu.Keskinarkaus at Maximatecc.com
Mon May 18 23:57:28 PDT 2015

Hi,

After setting up the pinctrl I was able to get the can-interface appear and also Flexcan module prints when I load it and when bring up the can - interface.

After turning the CAN transceiver on (standby-mode off) I measured the TX/RX-lines. I had other machine sending CAN-messages (two nodes so one would ack the others msgs) and in RX-line I could see the frames just fine. Flexcan driver did not receive any of the frames though.  When trying to send I got out one frame (measured from TX-line) and it didn't look like CAN-frame at all. Bittimining seemed to be kind a okay, but the bits themselves were coming out way too slow and it was just one frame that came out. If I wanted to send other frame I had to bring the can - interface down and back up.

Is there some clock source I need to configure for the Flexcan or what might be the problem?

Previously I've been working only with 2.6-series kernel so this whole 3.x - series kernel hw config thing is strange to me and I'm still learning it.

Teemu Keskinarkaus
Software system engineer

maximatecc
making machines smart, safe and productive