[meta-freescale] imxipuvideosink in 3.10.53 on Nitrogex6xlite

Paweł Żabiełowicz pawel.zabielowicz at satel.pl
Sun May 17 22:34:54 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm having some problems running video playback on Nitrogen6x-Lite. I'm
using fido with 3.10.53 kernel. Display is running properly as I see a
console after start, but starting any simple video with Gstreamer1.0 +
gstreamer-imx plugins does not give any video output, even though the
decoding looks like it's working.

Gstreamer log:
gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=rtsp://watch:watch13579
192.168.7.24:554/profile3/media.smp ! rtph264depay ! imxvpudec !
imxipuvideosink
[INFO]	Product Info: i.MX6Q/D/S
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Progress: (open) Opening Stream
Progress: (connect) Connecting to rtsp://192.168.7.24:554/profile3/media.smp
Progress: (open) Retrieving server options
Progress: (open) Retrieving media info
Progress: (request) SETUP stream 0
Progress: (request) SETUP stream 1
Progress: (open) Opened Stream
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
Progress: (request) Sending PLAY request
Progress: (request) Sending PLAY request
Progress: (request) Sent PLAY request
^Chandling interrupt.
Interrupt: Stopping pipeline ...
Execution ended after 0:00:15.125067669
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

Plugins installed:

gst-inspect-1.0 | grep imx
imxipu:  imxipuvideotransform: Freescale IPU video transform
imxipu:  imxipuvideosink: Freescale IPU video sink
imxvpu:  imxvpudec: Freescale VPU video decoder
imxvpu:  imxvpuenc_h263: Freescale VPU h.263 video encoder
imxvpu:  imxvpuenc_h264: Freescale VPU h.264 video encoder
imxvpu:  imxvpuenc_mpeg4: Freescale VPU MPEG-4 video encoder
imxvpu:  imxvpuenc_mjpeg: Freescale VPU motion JPEG video encoder
imxg2d:  imxg2dvideosink: Freescale G2D video sink
imxg2d:  imxg2dvideotransform: Freescale G2D video transform
imxaudio:  imxuniaudiodec: Freescale i.MX uniaudio decoder
imxv4l2src:  imxv4l2src: V4L2 CSI Video Source
imxpxp:  imxpxpvideosink: Freescale PxP video sink
imxpxp:  imxpxpvideotransform: Freescale PxP video transform
imxeglvivsink:  imxeglvivsink: Freescale EGL video sink

While using imxeglvivsink I'm seeing red flash for few milliseconds over
the console and that's it.
Any advices will be helpful.

Pawel