[meta-freescale] Fido with kernel 3.10.17

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Wed May 13 07:10:26 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 11:00 AM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> On 2015-05-13 07:27, Gary Thomas wrote:

>>> http://ci.ossystems.com.br/public/fsl-community-bsp/fido
>>>

>> Thanks.  I tried an image for my SabreLite, but it seems to be missing
>> important bits.  This is the image I tried:
>>
>> http://ci.ossystems.com.br/public/fsl-community-bsp/fido/16/x11/nitrogen6x/fsl-image-multimedia-nitrogen6x.sdcard
>>
>> It doesn't have gst-play-1.0, nor much of anything as far as I can tell.
>> X brings up a terminal window, but I don't see how to run anything else,
>> e.g. chrome?
>>
>> What am I missing?  Perhaps I chose the wrong image?  How do I play a
>> movie
>> using this image (as your comment above says should work)?
>>
>> Thanks again
>>

> I tried a different image that has more tools:
>
> http://ci.ossystems.com.br/public/fsl-community-bsp/fido/16/x11/nitrogen6x/fsl-image-machine-test-nitrogen6x.sdcard
>
> Sadly, it's working the same as the image(s) I build myself:
>
> root at nitrogen6x:~# export DISPLAY=:0.0
> root at nitrogen6x:~# gst-play-1.0 Vlad+Louise.mp4
> mxc_cam_select_input: input(0) CSI IC MEM
> mxc_v4l_open: Mxc Camera no sensor ipu1/csi0
> mxc_v4l_open: Mxc Camera no sensor ipu1/csi1
> Now playing /home/root/Vlad+Louise.mp4
> [INFO]liProduct Info: i.MX6Q/D/S
> [INFO]  bitstreamMode 1, chromaInterleave 0, mapType 0, tiled2LinearEnable 0
> CODEC: BLN_MAD-MMCODECS_AACD_ARM_03.09.00_CORTEX-A8  build on Jun 19 2014
> 18:30:32.
> Attempt to unlock mutex that was not locked
> Aborted
>
> Please tell me again how this is working well for your customers?
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Note: I've tried multiple .mp4 files, with the same results.

I've been using Framebuffer and Nitrogen6x. We however use O.S.
Systems Embedded Linux internally and this is what we deliver for
customer however it shouldn't impact it. You can try Dizzy as well and
see if it changes something.

Most of our customers didn't migrate for Fido yet so it may have
regressions we don't yet know about.