[meta-freescale] Fido with kernel 3.10.17

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed May 13 07:00:03 PDT 2015

On 2015-05-13 07:27, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 2015-05-13 07:07, Otavio Salvador wrote:

>>> I found that my kernel was not enabling mxc_v4l2_output.  I've enabled this
>>> and now the result is different, but always failing with:
>>>    mxc_v4l2_output v4l2_out.32: Bypass IC.
>>>    Attempt to unlock mutex that was not locked
>>>
>>> Do you have an image where this works correctly?  I'd like to try it with
>>> my kernel on my hardware, etc.
>>
>> http://ci.ossystems.com.br/public/fsl-community-bsp/fido
>>

> Thanks.  I tried an image for my SabreLite, but it seems to be missing
> important bits.  This is the image I tried:
>    http://ci.ossystems.com.br/public/fsl-community-bsp/fido/16/x11/nitrogen6x/fsl-image-multimedia-nitrogen6x.sdcard
>
> It doesn't have gst-play-1.0, nor much of anything as far as I can tell.
> X brings up a terminal window, but I don't see how to run anything else,
> e.g. chrome?
>
> What am I missing?  Perhaps I chose the wrong image?  How do I play a movie
> using this image (as your comment above says should work)?
>
> Thanks again

I tried a different image that has more tools:
   http://ci.ossystems.com.br/public/fsl-community-bsp/fido/16/x11/nitrogen6x/fsl-image-machine-test-nitrogen6x.sdcard

Sadly, it's working the same as the image(s) I build myself:

root at nitrogen6x:~# export DISPLAY=:0.0
root at nitrogen6x:~# gst-play-1.0 Vlad+Louise.mp4
mxc_cam_select_input: input(0) CSI IC MEM
mxc_v4l_open: Mxc Camera no sensor ipu1/csi0
mxc_v4l_open: Mxc Camera no sensor ipu1/csi1
Now playing /home/root/Vlad+Louise.mp4
[INFO]liProduct Info: i.MX6Q/D/S
[INFO]  bitstreamMode 1, chromaInterleave 0, mapType 0, tiled2LinearEnable 0
CODEC: BLN_MAD-MMCODECS_AACD_ARM_03.09.00_CORTEX-A8  build on Jun 19 2014 18:30:32.
Attempt to unlock mutex that was not locked
Aborted

Please tell me again how this is working well for your customers?
What am I doing wrong?

Note: I've tried multiple .mp4 files, with the same results.