[meta-freescale] Chromium layout rendering issue

Nikolay Dimitrov picmaster at mail.bg
Tue May 12 12:41:55 PDT 2015

Hi guys,

FYI, the layout issue is not observed when using Yocto Fido and FSL
kernel 3.10.53. I wasted almost 2 days of updating Chromium
dependencies, but lost interest and decided to entirely move to Fido.

I've discovered another issue introduced by the latest meta-browser
updates - Chromium fails to start due to missing files. This is now
fixed, and a patch was submitted to openembedded-devel ML. I can't
provide a link there, as my green-horn posts needs to be approved, but
here's a Github link to the patch:

https://github.com/picmaster/meta-browser/commit/d80d6f62b07aeaefaab965b2c885e78806ca4878

During the testing of my latest build, Chromium again froze for about
10s, so I'll keep an eye on it to see what triggers it, and share
if/when I have more info.

Kind regards,
Nikolay