[meta-freescale] Gstreamer issues on Fido (was: Fido with kernel 3.10.17)

Nikolay Dimitrov picmaster at mail.bg
Tue May 12 07:04:11 PDT 2015

Hi Gary,

On 05/12/2015 04:35 PM, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 2015-05-12 07:24, Nikolay Dimitrov wrote:
>> Ho Gary,

>>> What package includes these?  Or [exactly] what file(s) do you use?
>>
>> Please check here: https://download.blender.org/durian/trailer/
>>
>> These are my 3 favorite files for testing, they usually work fine
>> unless I've totally screwed up something:
>>
>> https://download.blender.org/durian/trailer/sintel_trailer-480p.mp4
>> https://download.blender.org/durian/trailer/sintel_trailer-720p.mp4
>> https://download.blender.org/durian/trailer/sintel_trailer-1080p.mp4
>
> Thanks
>
> What is your display (size, mode, etc)?  Mine is hdmi 1280x760M60

I have to support one of 2 LCD panels, selectable in boot-time:
- 1366x768 on 18-bit LVDS
- 1366x768 on 24-bit LVDS, rotated at 180 degrees

Unfortunately this resolution created all kinds of problems, so I've
settled on 1360x768, which works OK. The rotation itself also created
issues with Xorg - slower subjective performance in rotated mode, more
noticeable screen tearing, Firefox calculated wrong coordinates of
html5 widgets. Xorg is also on my ditching list...

>>> I'd like to try to duplicate what you are using explicitly.
>>
>> I can also send you my test mpegts files, so you can see gstreamer in
>> its full glory.
>
> That could be useful, thanks

I'll follow-up.

Regards,