[meta-freescale] Cannot play videos using gstreamer

Nikolay Dimitrov picmaster at mail.bg
Wed May 6 08:27:47 PDT 2015

Hi Isaac,

On 05/06/2015 06:05 PM, Isaac Nickaein wrote:
> Yeah you right, but I actually have video output and can see the
> video on display using mfw_v4sink.
>
> The two problem that are still not resolved are:
>
> 1. I can't use glimagesink as the sink in the gstreamer 2. Adding
> adding "eglinfo-fb" recipe to the synced Dizzy still causes compile
> during bitbake: http://pastebin.com/EQC464iM
>
> I think the cause of (1) could be using the vendor Kernel 3.16. I
> haven't been able to boot Kernel 3.10 on this module yet. That could
> solve the issue.
>
> But the issue with "eglinfo-fb" has nothing to do with the module. I
> haven't done any modifications to the recipes, so there might be
> some conflict or missing dependency in the them that causes this
> compile error.
>

> On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Nikolay Dimitrov <picmaster at mail.bg>
> wrote:
>> Hi Isaac,
>>

>> On 05/04/2015 03:47 PM, Isaac Nickaein wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Nikolay,
>>>
>>> The issue #1 (using mfw_v4sink) solved by using customized
>>> kernel 3.16 provided by board manufacturer (Ka-Ro), so I guess
>>> 3.0.35 was causing the problem.
>>>
>>> But the issue #2 (using glimagesink) is present in kernel 3.16
>>> too. Here is its bootlog: http://pastebin.com/RRs75zWG.
>>> Nevertheless, I am not targeting for 3.16 and tried it as a
>>> test.
>>>
>>> I have tried Kernel 3.10.17 from Yocto Dizzy and Kernel 3.10.53
>>> from Freescale, but there is some problem during boot. I've
>>> posted more details on their issue as a separate thread:
>>>
>>> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2015-May/013720.html

Bests, Isaac

>> I don't see the "video=" settings in your kernel command line.
>> Without them I doubt you'll have any video. Please configure your
>> bootloader to pass the "video=" settings in bootargs.

Can you please show the output of this command:

ls -lh /dev/fb*; ls -lh /dev/video*

I'm not an expert in EGL, but I think it will require your framebuffer
to work, which means passing "video=" argument to the kernel. I'm adding
Otavio in CC, as he may know.

To be honest, I've never tried to use any video functionality on imx6
without passing proper bootargs to the kernel.

Regards,
Nikolay