[meta-freescale] imx6q: Smart Package Manager: how to make installation history persistent across reboot

Prasant J pj0585 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 05:40:31 PDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Prasant J <pj0585 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using yocto build on my custom hardware (uses iMX6Q) design based
> on Sabresd.
>

> I'm using Smart (Version 1.4.1) to setup package management on my
> system. I'm using read only root file system. Smart directory is
> located in /var/lib/smart/ which is a temporary file system.
>

> I can install my custom package, but the installation information is
> lost when I reboot my system. Which file or files do I need to
> preserve in order to keep installation history?

I found the files are stored in /var/lib/rpm/

This location is on the temporary file system. The original directory
is not accessible as the temporary location has been mounted on
/var/lib using --bind option.

I will have to think of a work-around.

Just thought of mentioning, in case someone has some ideas.

Regards, Pj