[meta-freescale] Angstrom for i.mx 6

Sven Ebenfeld sven.ebenfeld at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 10:35:24 PDT 2015

Am 08.03.2015 um 06:26 schrieb ss infod:
> Thanks for your response. My image is building right now.
>
> I have one more question related to Angstrom and Yocto/Poky:
>  Is there any reason to use Angstrom instead of Yocto/Poky ?
>  Is Angstrom outdated ?

My experience is, that Angstrom is updated very quickly when new
releases of OpenEmbedded-layers are released. So I would not at all say
that Angstrom is outdated.

>  I'm looking for a embeded distro that has package management connected to
> "public repository".  (I mean that I can install package like "apt-get
> install xyz" from the target)
>  I think Angstrom has public repository.. Is that right ?

I've never used the public repositories as we are building only devices
with read-only rootfs and without package manager. So I can't give an
answer to this.

But one reason for me to decide for Angstrom was the online build system
which made it quite easy to get started.