[meta-freescale] Xorg issue when app closed with iMX53

Marco Cavallini cavallini.koan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 07:24:05 PDT 2015

> Hello Marco,
> Nice to hear you!
>
> I saw that Xorg start correctly, then it try to launch xterm, but since this
> is not present in our system, it exit and close up everything.
> I just replaced the execution of xterm with the execution of my application,
> and it works perfectly. I also know that by default Xorg stay alive until
> the last client application is not closed, but I would prefer to launch Xorg
> without clients, and then be able to start and close what I want without
> need to re-launch Xorg.
>
> But I don't know how to do it...
>
> Thank you
> Ciao
> Simone

Simone,
that's a typical behaviour with xorg images generated by Yocto.
In that case you need to explicitly add 'xterm' to the recipes in your image.
Then you will be able to run xinit &, after that can launch/stop your
graphical application in the proper way without killing the X server
each time.

Cordiali Saluti / Kindest Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
--
Marco Cavallini | KOAN sas | Bergamo - Italia
 embedded and real-time software engineering