[meta-freescale] Xorg issue when app closed with iMX53

Marco Cavallini cavallini.koan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 06:36:41 PDT 2015

> Dear All,
> I'm trying to use Xorg server on iMX53 and qt4.8
> I got a working system, without too much difficulties.
>
> The only one problem I have is that I'm not able to run Xorg as a separated server (I must run it togheter with my application).
> To do this I've added the script call that launch my GUI in /etc/X11/xserver.common
> This is the only way I found to execute my application.
>
> The problem is that when I close my application the Xorg exit almost immediately.
> When I try to run again my application without the trick above described, I have the error "cannot connect to X server" and application close.
> This is a little bit tricky, and it put me in bad situation especially when debugging, because I can't run my application when I want, without re-launching Xorg.
>
> What I would obtain, is to launch Xorg once at start, and then work freely opening/closing my application, which should connect and disconnect to/from the already active Xorg server.
> Am I missing something?
> Is it possible?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Simone

Hi Simone,
xinit (or startx) shoud be able to start autonomously.
Once it has started you usually should be able to launch addictional
Xorg based applications.
A more detailed explanation of what you are doing would help us to
give you some hint.

Ciao
--
Marco Cavallini | KOAN sas | Bergamo - Italia
 embedded and real-time software engineering