[meta-freescale] Audio glitch with SGTL5000

Nikolay Dimitrov picmaster at mail.bg
Tue Jan 20 18:30:24 PST 2015

Hi Fabio,

On 01/21/2015 02:50 AM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Nikolay,
>
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 10:34 PM, Nikolay Dimitrov <picmaster at mail.bg> wrote:
>
>> I tried to reproduce the issue also with the integrated headphone amp,
>> just to find out that my board design has an issue (oops!) - the
>> headphones' ground is connected to the power supply ground instead of
>> the virtual ground, so I can't test the VAG ramp fix this way. So I can
>> only speculate that you tested your fix on a properly wired headphone
>> output, and that's where it worked OK.
>
> I tested on headphone output on a mx28evk.
>
> Here is a better link to the patch:
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound.git/patch/sound/soc/codecs/sgtl5000.c?id=c251ea7bd7a04f1f2575467e0de76e803cf59149
>
> The previous one only showed the change to sgtl5000.c.

Thanks. But now I don't understand the logic of this patch. Here's the
prototype of the helper function:

int snd_soc_update_bits(struct snd_soc_codec *codec, unsigned int reg,
unsigned int mask, unsigned int value);

3rd argument is a mask, and you're passing there SGTL5000_SMALL_POP,
which is now 0.

> Does the problem also happens on 3.19-rc5?

Can't use mainline for this specific project, as I need VPU support.

Kind regards,
Nikolay