[meta-freescale] Audio glitch with SGTL5000

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 16:50:28 PST 2015

Hi Nikolay,

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 10:34 PM, Nikolay Dimitrov <picmaster at mail.bg> wrote:

> I tried to reproduce the issue also with the integrated headphone amp,
> just to find out that my board design has an issue (oops!) - the
> headphones' ground is connected to the power supply ground instead of
> the virtual ground, so I can't test the VAG ramp fix this way. So I can
> only speculate that you tested your fix on a properly wired headphone
> output, and that's where it worked OK.

I tested on headphone output on a mx28evk.

Here is a better link to the patch:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound.git/patch/sound/soc/codecs/sgtl5000.c?id=c251ea7bd7a04f1f2575467e0de76e803cf59149

The previous one only showed the change to sgtl5000.c.

Does the problem also happens on 3.19-rc5?

Regards,

Fabio Estevam