[meta-freescale] [meta-fsl-arm] libmcc sysroot issues

Andy Voltz andy.voltz at timesys.com
Tue Jan 6 08:00:24 PST 2015

On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 02:12:42PM -0500, Petr Kubizňák wrote:
> I'm experiencing sysroot issues with the libmcc library on the latest revision of branch dizzy (2014-12-30, commit 7539a694f3d01f1ab5162bfee16b0327f827c4f7). Not all required files are populated into the SDK, so the library cannot be further used in the application development without manually manipulating the sysroot.
>
> First of all, compilation of such application fails on the dependency on <linux/mvf_sema4.h> include file, coming from <linux/mcc_config.h>. The mvf_sema4.h file is a part of linux-timesys (3.0.15) kernel (directory include/linux), and should be located in /usr/include/linux in the SDK sysroot. I wanted to create a patch, but did not find an automated solution (as I already described at https://community.freescale.com/message/466383). This issue is not just my case, as you can find for example at the following link: http://developer.toradex.com/how-to/colibri-vf61-real-time-demo-%28xy-pen-plotter%29#Building_the_Qt_User_Interface
>
> Second (after fixing the first issue manually), linking of such application fails on "-lmcc" flag, as it cannot locate libmcc.so library. In sysroot's /usr/lib, there is only libmcc.so.1.0, but a libmcc.so link is missing. After creating the link manually, the application can build and run as expected.
>
> I would like to ask for a patch of these two issues, or at least for pointing me to some *brief* resource where I might learn how to create the patch on myself (i.e. what meta-data say yocto how to generate sysroots). Sorry, but studying the whole yocto documentation is just too long run. I spent whole day trying to find a solution with no success.

I'll try a build here to see if I can reproduce the issue you are seeing. Recently this commit b542d3ba472b04fd8759fc34baeda1e7bba31910 addressed some issues with the libmcc install recipes. Copying Max (the commit author) in case this is a familiar issue or perhaps the issue was introduced by that change.

For docs, I recommend starting with the yocto developers guide.
--
Andy Voltz
Timesys Corporation