[meta-freescale] [meta-fsl-arm] libmcc sysroot issues

Petr Kubizňák kubiznak.petr at elnico.cz
Mon Jan 5 11:12:42 PST 2015

Dear all,
I'm experiencing sysroot issues with the libmcc library on the latest
revision of branch dizzy (2014-12-30, commit
7539a694f3d01f1ab5162bfee16b0327f827c4f7). Not all required files are
populated into the SDK, so the library cannot be further used in the
application development without manually manipulating the sysroot.

First of all, compilation of such application fails on the dependency on
<linux/mvf_sema4.h> include file, coming from <linux/mcc_config.h>. The
mvf_sema4.h file is a part of linux-timesys (3.0.15) kernel (directory
include/linux), and should be located in /usr/include/linux in the SDK
sysroot. I wanted to create a patch, but did not find an automated
solution (as I already described at
https://community.freescale.com/message/466383). This issue is not just
my case, as you can find for example at the following link:
http://developer.toradex.com/how-to/colibri-vf61-real-time-demo-%28xy-pen-plotter%29#Building_the_Qt_User_Interface

Second (after fixing the first issue manually), linking of such
application fails on "-lmcc" flag, as it cannot locate libmcc.so
library. In sysroot's /usr/lib, there is only libmcc.so.1.0, but a
libmcc.so link is missing. After creating the link manually, the
application can build and run as expected.

I would like to ask for a patch of these two issues, or at least for
pointing me to some *brief* resource where I might learn how to create
the patch on myself (i.e. what meta-data say yocto how to generate
sysroots). Sorry, but studying the whole yocto documentation is just too
long run. I spent whole day trying to find a solution with no success.

Best Regards,
Petr

Petr Kubiznak
Embedded SW Developer
ELNICO s.r.o.
Heydukova 2923, 544 01 Dvur Kralove n.L., Czech Republic
T: +420 499 321 019 | M: +420 724 053 668
www.elnico.cz <http://www.elnico.cz/> | www.sqm4.com
<http://www.sqm4.com> | kubiznak.petr at elnico.cz
<mailto:kubiznak.petr at elnico.cz>