[meta-freescale] fsl EULA and license flags

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 08:11:26 PDT 2015

I'm evaluating a couple SBCs for use in a commercial product. There are
several Freescale-based devices that interest me. The OE-based Freescale
builds always have:

ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = "1"
and
LICENSE_FLAGS_WHITELIST = "commercial"

I'm not a lawyer and I realize most of the people on this list aren't
lawyers either, but does anyone have an armchair-lawyer or
engineering-style explanation for the commercial ramifications of these
options? All I need for now is enough information to help me decide if I
should include Freescale devices in my short list or not.

Can I build a usable core-image-minimal without those options?