[meta-freescale] How you program your sdcard / mmc

andrea at perpic.it andrea at perpic.it
Tue Apr 14 08:39:23 PDT 2015

Il giorno mar, 14/04/2015 alle 14.55 +0200, Andrea ha scritto:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I think this is an off topic post but it's a while I'm googling for this
> subject and I cannot find any useful information.
>
> This is my question:
> I would like to use an eMMC card on the board. So it is soldered on the
> board and directly connected to the IMX53. I think the same is for flash
> or other non volatile memories...
> How do you first program them with u-boot and linux/android for the
> first boot?
>
> Thank you to everyone who want to share the way they operate or some
> best practice link.
>
> Andrea

Thank you Otavio, Gary, Fabio for your replies,
I'm a bit confused about the mfgtools, I'm trying to find a windows
computer to test. My laptop comes with windows 8 preinstalled and the
program crash when I try to select the USB port. On all the other
computers I have linux installed.

Regarding the various solution with u-boot. The part that is not clear
to me is: I need to have u-boot on sdcard otherwise the imx53qsb doesn't
boot. Where do you place u-boot? On a USB drive? I saw on the datasheet
that I can use eMMC, SD and NAND or Hard Disks via PATA/SATA. USB is not
in there.
My question is: When I have a brand new board with the eMMC memory
soldered on. How can I install there u-boot and all the rest of the
system? I can't make u-boot install anything, because it's not there
yet.
Can someone explain it better?

Thank you again
Andrea