[meta-freescale] Recipe for a toolchain with static qt build

Isaac Nickaein nickaein.i at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 08:33:29 PDT 2015

I am looking for a way to reduce size of my Qt application binary.
Statically compiling the program will result an overall smaller
output.

For instance, I have to copy the whole QtGui.so, QtNetwork.so, etc,
even when I am using very small part of them. However, in static
compilation the linker can eliminate unnecessary codes from the
output.

I am also curios that how it can/should be done to best honest,