[meta-freescale] PXP test applications

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Thu Apr 9 14:13:40 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to run the pxp_test.out program
from /unit_tests?

I can run it, but it's not clear what is supposed to happen.

root at nitrogen6x:/unit_tests# ./pxp_test.out -H
Usage: ./pxp_test.out -I "<options for each instance>" -H display this help

options for each instance
   -o <output file> Write output to file
 	If no output is specified, default is panel
   -r <rotation angle>
   -h <horizontal flip>
   -v <vertical flip>
   -l <left position for display>
   -t <top position for display>
   -i <pixel inversion>

I can run it, but I'm not sure what it's supposed to do.

root at nitrogen6x:/unit_tests# ./pxp_test.out -I "-h -v -l 10 -t 100 -i
akiyo.mp4"
pxp_test.c:358 opening this fb_dev - /dev/fb0
pxp_test.c:358 opening this fb_dev - /dev/fb1
pxp_test.c:358 opening this fb_dev - /dev/fb2
pxp_test.c:358 opening this fb_dev - /dev/fb3
pxp_test.c:361 Unable to open /dev/fb3
root at nitrogen6x:/unit_tests# echo $?
0

Carlos pointed out that we had been missing a bit
from our SDL device trees:
	https://github.com/boundarydevices/linux-imx6/commit/5be9587

And I was hoping to actually exercise the driver and
am lost about where to start.

The imxpxpvideosink seems to lock up with a message of:
	pxp_dispatch_thread: task is timeout

Regards,

Eric