[meta-freescale] imx6: webkit html5 video with hardware acceleration

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Wed Sep 24 04:21:13 PDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 5:58 AM, Richard Cochran
<richardcochran at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 05:27:08PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>>
>> Are you using FSL Community BSP or FSL Yocto release?
>
> Hm, up until now I didn't realize that these are two different
> things. For daisy, I used fsl-community-bsp-platform, but for the
> beta, I used fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.
>
> So, if I understood correctly,
>
>   repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git
>
> gets me the "offical" FSL project, but
>
>   repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform
>
> gets me the "community" project. Is that right?
>
> Moreover, it looks like both repo manifests share most of the same git
> repositories. Can you explain to me what the differences are?

The FSL one is a code drop which is used by Freescale for providing a
point on time with tested code. This is the one they test internally
with their QA process and is static so no bugfixes, security updates
and so on.

Once this is done, the updates are ported to the FSL Community BSP
one. This is to provide a reference BSP and platform for people to
build products upon it.

The goal of both are different. I summarised my view of it at
https://community.freescale.com/message/402940#402940