[meta-freescale] imx6: webkit html5 video with hardware acceleration

Richard Cochran richardcochran at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 13:42:05 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 05:27:08PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> WebKit-Gtk no. I know some work has been started in past but didn't
> see any progress.

Okay, thanks for clarifying that.

Do you remember who was working on this?

(We may decide to go ahead and implement this ourselves, but we don't
want to re-invent the wheel.)

> It is supported in Chromium as said above.

Right. Chromium triggers the OOM killer on my target board :(

Oh, well.

> Yes; this was not intended for you explicitly but someone else were
> asking about Qt5 use with GStreamer. So I commented as well.

But does HW acceleration work in Qt5-webkit via a HTML5 page?

We found that it does *not* work, but if it did, it would be at least
an alternative to midori/webkit-gtk.

Thanks,
Richard