[meta-freescale] imx6: webkit html5 video with hardware acceleration

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Tue Sep 23 13:27:08 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Richard Cochran
<richardcochran at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 04:57:19PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 4:52 PM, Richard Cochran <richardcochran at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Also, to your knowledge, no one has worked on webkit-gtk to enable HW
>> > acceleration, is that right?
>>
>> Carlos has already made clear it is in the community. It is available
>> in master branches of Community so use those or port them.
>
> Sorry, it really is not clear, at least not to me. If you look at
> the other posts in this thread, you will see that I am not the only
> one.
>
> So please forgive my ignorance and kindly explain what you mean by
> "master branches of Community". In order to port anything, I need to
> know 1) the git repositories and 2) the specific commits.

Are you using FSL Community BSP or FSL Yocto release? It is available
in master branches of the first. More precisely in master branch of
meta-fsl-arm.

> Is there a tag or sha that you can name which contains webkit-gtk with
> imx6 HW acceleration support?

WebKit-Gtk no. I know some work has been started in past but didn't
see any progress.

It is supported in Chromium as said above.

>> We have several customers using this already and been working fine.
>
> Good for them. I would also like to see it working. Does this mean I
> will have to order commercial support from you?

It is public so you can try to do it yourself if you want; if you want
our professional services, yes.

>> Regarding Qt5, I added the patch for Qt Multimedia to work with
>> acceleration in Daisy and it has been integrated in 5.3 which is in
>> use in master.
>
> Well, the Qt5 video player does work, but that is something totally
> different, as Carlos pointed out.

Yes; this was not intended for you explicitly but someone else were
asking about Qt5 use with GStreamer. So I commented as well.