[meta-freescale] imx6: webkit html5 video with hardware acceleration

Gerard Bucas gerard.b at tekmagic.net
Tue Sep 23 11:33:38 PDT 2014

Hi Richard

We have trying EXACTLY the same thing & although we see a slight improvement on the latest beta BSP, I agree with your conclusion.

This is a serious problem for practical applications of the I.MX6 - any application that requires HTML5 playback or a browser in general.

See the thread to this list that I started yesterday:

Re: [meta-freescale] Any hope of vblank-synchronized rendering (from vivante) on i.MX6 soon?

Glad we have yet another concerned user!! 😃

Regards

Gerard Bucas