[meta-freescale] Any hope of vblank-synchronized rendering (from vivante) on i.MX6 soon?

Gerard Bucas gerard.b at tekmagic.net
Mon Sep 22 21:31:30 PDT 2014

On X.11 and Chromium there is still "tearing" of videos played back in
Chromium (on X11). From what I have read and been told by others this is
caused by the lack of DRI2 support in the Vivante graphics libraries (even
in the latest V5.x libraries included in the latest
fsl-yocto-3.10.31-1.1.0_beta BSP).

Is there any hope of Vivante implementing DRI2 soon or some other way to
implement vblank-synchronized rendering ("vsync") on the i.MX6 so that
Chrome/Chromium can playback videos without this serious "tearing" problem?

How do we convince Vivante to give this a high priority!?

Surely this must be a major problem for ALL i.MX6 users?

Curious....

Gerard Bucas