[meta-freescale] Chromium acceleration on fsl-yocto-3.10.31-1.1.0_beta BSP?

Gerard Bucas gerard.b at tekmagic.net
Mon Sep 22 20:51:55 PDT 2014

I noticed the post below from Lauren back in March.

Is the situation still the same for the recent
"fsl-yocto-3.10.31-1.1.0_beta" release?

We have been using that new beta release but although Chromium performs a
lot better on that release it is still slow on many HTML5 pages (especially
with multiple background videos). I know that that beta release uses the
newer V5.x vivante GPU/graphics libraries. Can you tell what is now being
hardware accelerated and what not when using Chrome on that latest beta
release?

Anything happening on further hardware acceleration? If yes, what and when
and how do we learn more about it?

Thanks!

Gerard Bucas
TekMagic