[meta-freescale] 9/8 community meeting, was [RFC] The proposal of FSL QorIQ SDK upstream

Bob Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Sun Sep 7 18:04:55 PDT 2014

On 07/16/2014 02:00 AM, zhenhua.luo at freescale.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Following is the proposal for FSL QorIQ SDK upstream, comment is welcome.

[snip]

> More to do
> • Setup public bug management system for FSL SDKs.
> • Push all modules to public git repository to ensure FSL community BSP sync with FSL released SDK.
> • Setup an external mailing list for external git repository for FSL SDK discussion, patch submission, patch review.
> • Setup an patch management tool(patchwork or gerrit) to manage patches from community.
> • Enhance the commit message in patch to facilitate the patch search for specific issue.

Can we get an update on the items listed above during tomorrow's
community meeting (or soon afterwards)?

Also, I had previously asked about creating a branch on meta-fsl-ppc
that could be used to track patches / improvements for SDK1.6 in
addition to master, which I think is basically being used to set up 1.7.

I need to start getting after some bugs on SDK1.6 related to various
kernel oops that pop up inconsistently.  I would love to see an
infrastructure in place to help with this.

Thanks,

Bob