[meta-freescale] where is the qtwebkit*bb recipe that is being appended to?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Oct 16 08:20:19 PDT 2014

On Thu, 16 Oct 2014, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 6:51 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
> > On Thu, 16 Oct 2014, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >

> >>   just noticed in this layer the bbappend file:
> >>
> >> qt5-layer/recipes-qt/qt5/qtwebkit_%.bbappend
> >>
> >> but where is the underlying recipe file that this is being appended
> >> to? i don't see it in any other layer.
> >
> >   never mind, it seems the underlying qt5 recipes are in the meta-qt5
> > layer, but that layer is not listed in layer.conf as a dependency of
> > meta-fsl-arm. should the qt5 bbappend files really be part of
> > meta-fsl-arm? it seems like they would more properly belong in
> > meta-fsl-arm-extra.
>
> They should as these patches are BSP support patches. The bbappend
> files are "enabled" when user adds the meta-qt5 in the layer
> collection, dynamically.

  i think we're agreeing here -- my point is that there is no value to
the meta-fsl-arm layer containing .bbappend files for which there is
no *requirement* that there be the underlying .bb files that
correspond to them. so either the meta-fsl-arm layer should add a
LAYERDEPENDS entry for meta-qt5, or the qt5 stuff should be moved out
of meta-fsl-arm.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca