[meta-freescale] imx6 - pincontrol - iomux configuration in device tree

ansaris ansaris at iwavesystems.com
Wed Oct 8 08:19:42 PDT 2014

Hi,

We are using imx6Q sabresd platform for our development with Linux
3.10.17_1.0.0-GA BSP.

In device tree, the UART1 IOMUX configuration is done in
"arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl.dtsi" file as mentioned below.

uart1 {
pinctrl_uart1_1: uart1grp-1 {
fsl,pins = <
MX6QDL_PAD_CSI0_DAT10__UART1_TX_DATA 0x1b0b1
MX6QDL_PAD_CSI0_DAT11__UART1_RX_DATA 0x1b0b1
>;
};
};

We would like to know, in which file the IOMUX configuration will be called?
We have gone through the "linux-imx/drivers/tty/serial/imx.c" file. But
we couldn't find the below function for IOMUX configuration

"devm_pinctrl_get_select_default"

In addition, the flexcan IOMUX configuration is called  in
"drivers/net/can/flexcan.c" file as mentioned below (from the probe
function call)

	pinctrl = devm_pinctrl_get_select_default(&pdev->dev);
	if (IS_ERR(pinctrl))
	return PTR_ERR(pinctrl);

Please suggest us for better understanding.

Thank You,
Regards,
Ansari