[meta-freescale] pulseaudio makes system unstable

Alexander Shashkevych alex at stunpix.com
Tue Nov 25 09:06:09 PST 2014

>> I've tried to use different pulse sinks and I see that it behaves a
>> bit differently, but still unstable. Sometimes pavucontrol closes
>> unexpectedly, sometimes desktop closes, sometimes pulse server stops
>> and once pulse server stops, gstreamer can't connect again to newly
>> started instance of server and so on. Very strange and unpredictable.
>

> Yeah, I understand. I also remember these issues with `pulseaudio' when I
> did my tests. ISTR that starting the daemon with `--exit-idle-time=-1' and
> `--allow-exit=false' avoided the daemon to stop as you mention.
>
> However I think these issues are not related to the `Illegal instruction'
> crashes. Did these crashes still occur when using the analog device as a
> sink?  For me, these crashes were linked to the HDMI audio output device.

Since yesterday I haven't observed crashes with 'illegal insruction',
so seems they really hdmi specific. For that I'll disable neon
optimizations in kernel, as Marco Diane suggested, and check this.

Also thank you for hints about additional args for pulse server. I
definitely will check this.

Alexander