[meta-freescale] Boost 1.55 for IMX6 Quad : Need confirmation about the completeness of process used by me

Subodh Chiwate subodh.chiwate at ufomoviez.com
Fri Nov 21 03:13:39 PST 2014

Please check my comments inline. Thanks Daiane and sorry about
incomplete queries.

On 11/21/2014 04:26 PM, Daiane Angolini wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 6:26 AM, Subodh Chiwate
> <subodh.chiwate at ufomoviez.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Process I followed
>> 1) MACHINE=imx6qsabresd source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-dfb -e dfb
>> 2) I was successful in building the toolchain with boost 1.55 by just
>> adding the following
>>      TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK += "boost-dev" to conf/local.conf
>> 3) Executed bitbake metafsl-toolchain
> I´m not aware of this "metafsl-toolchain", is it a typo? In case it´s
> not, can you, please share where this is from?
   Sorry was a typo. I used the "meta-toolchain" recipe as recommended.

>> Result :
>> =====
>> ufouser at ufouser-virtual-machine:/Data/yocto/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-dfb/tmp/sysroots/imx6qsabresd/usr/lib$
>> find . -name "*boost*" | grep so | grep 55
>> ./libboost_wserialization.so.1.55.0
>> ./libboost_regex.so.1.55.0
>> ./libboost_serialization.so.1.55.0
>> ./libboost_system.so.1.55.0
>> ./libboost_program_options.so.1.55.0
>> ./libboost_date_time.so.1.55.0
>> ./libboost_unit_test_framework.so.1.55.0
>> ./libboost_prg_exec_monitor.so.1.55.0
>> ./libboost_iostreams.so.1.55.0
>> ./libboost_thread.so.1.55.0
>> ./libboost_graph.so.1.55.0
>> ./libboost_signals.so.1.55.0
>> ./libboost_filesystem.so.1.55.0
>>
>> My Questions:
>> =========
>>
>> 1) I could not find the header files in either the /opt/poky path after
>> untaring the SDK nor in the tmp/sysroots folder.
>>      Should I use the source from the tar ball from website directly for
>> my version of boost ??
>
> Which header files?
> Have you installed the generated toolchain?
> Which tarball from website?
The standard boost header files. On desktop FS after install boost I get
/us/lib/boost/*. (Example accumulator/ circular_buffer/  etc.).
I just did a more generic grep and found that files were located in the
following path
/opt/poky/1.6.1/sysroots/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/boost/*

Alternatively, the source header files could be used from the boost
source tarball from the boost website or downloads folder in yocto.

>> 2) Are the above set of files all that boost is going to build? Since I
>> could see a few more packages on desktop hence
>>      wondering if they are just bindings that original packages like
>> python etc will build later for themselves.
> I didn´t got your question, sorry, can you, please, elaborate?
I am not sure if the boost package is built completely. I am not aware
of any way to test if all libraries are being built.
Will check boost website for more details.

>> 3) Please let me know if I need to add additional information to my
>> config to ensure I get all the boost libraries.
> Do you know the sub-package names for boost? (you can see it under
> packages-split, inside the tmp/work directory) Maybe it can help...

>> 4) If yocto is providing a limited set then is it advisable to build the
>> libraries for 1.55 independently ( hoping this will never be needed)?
> I have no idea. I don´t know boost. But maybe this can help you:
>
> http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/recipes/
>
> And please, take a look at:
> http://freescale.github.io/doc/release-notes/1.7/index.html
Sure will take a closer look at the links and file mentioned.

> Daiane
> .

Subodh

-- **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer ***************** This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. UFOMoviez India Ltd. has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. UFOMoviez India Ltd. reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the UFOMoviez India Ltd.'s e-mail system. ***************** End of Disclaimer *******************