[meta-freescale] Boost 1.55 for IMX6 Quad : Need confirmation about the completeness of process used by me

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 02:56:07 PST 2014

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 6:26 AM, Subodh Chiwate
<subodh.chiwate at ufomoviez.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Process I followed
> 1) MACHINE=imx6qsabresd source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-dfb -e dfb
> 2) I was successful in building the toolchain with boost 1.55 by just
> adding the following
>     TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK += "boost-dev" to conf/local.conf
> 3) Executed bitbake metafsl-toolchain

I´m not aware of this "metafsl-toolchain", is it a typo? In case it´s
not, can you, please share where this is from?

> Result :
> =====
> ufouser at ufouser-virtual-machine:/Data/yocto/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-dfb/tmp/sysroots/imx6qsabresd/usr/lib$
> find . -name "*boost*" | grep so | grep 55
> ./libboost_wserialization.so.1.55.0
> ./libboost_regex.so.1.55.0
> ./libboost_serialization.so.1.55.0
> ./libboost_system.so.1.55.0
> ./libboost_program_options.so.1.55.0
> ./libboost_date_time.so.1.55.0
> ./libboost_unit_test_framework.so.1.55.0
> ./libboost_prg_exec_monitor.so.1.55.0
> ./libboost_iostreams.so.1.55.0
> ./libboost_thread.so.1.55.0
> ./libboost_graph.so.1.55.0
> ./libboost_signals.so.1.55.0
> ./libboost_filesystem.so.1.55.0
>
> My Questions:
> =========
>
> 1) I could not find the header files in either the /opt/poky path after
> untaring the SDK nor in the tmp/sysroots folder.
>     Should I use the source from the tar ball from website directly for
> my version of boost ??

Which header files?
Have you installed the generated toolchain?
Which tarball from website?

> 2) Are the above set of files all that boost is going to build? Since I
> could see a few more packages on desktop hence
>     wondering if they are just bindings that original packages like
> python etc will build later for themselves.

I didn´t got your question, sorry, can you, please, elaborate?

> 3) Please let me know if I need to add additional information to my
> config to ensure I get all the boost libraries.

Do you know the sub-package names for boost? (you can see it under
packages-split, inside the tmp/work directory) Maybe it can help...

> 4) If yocto is providing a limited set then is it advisable to build the
> libraries for 1.55 independently ( hoping this will never be needed)?

I have no idea. I don´t know boost. But maybe this can help you:

http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/recipes/

And please, take a look at:
http://freescale.github.io/doc/release-notes/1.7/index.html

Daiane