[meta-freescale] [meta-fsl-arm] [linux-2.6.35-r45] amd-gpu : patch proposal / discussion (imx53 + Qt 5.3 + EGLFS)

Gianluca Cinci gianluca.cinci at giuneco.it
Mon Nov 17 05:13:17 PST 2014

On 13/11/2014 11:18, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 6:22 AM, Gianluca Cinci
> <gianluca.cinci at giuneco.it> wrote:
>> sure , the patch is attached to this mail (let me know if I must to change
>> it)
> I think Daiane meant for you to include the patch in the kernel recipe
> so we could test / review it for inclusion.
>
>> About the cinematicexperience + eglfs dependecies:
>> With the only inclusion  of cinematicexperience the "EGL..." error come out
>> , so i must to add the "amd-gpu-bin-mx51" package to have all the necessary
>> library on my fs.
> Could you use strace to see which library it is trying to load and missing?

Hi Otavio
i made some much accurate tests and I can't notice the previously
mentioned problem (EGL....Error surface) ,
probably a miss configuration in my cooked image recipe.

But , i found this behaviour :(this are the basic steps)

1)
cooked fsl-image-multimedia-full and add only the cinamaticexperience:
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += " \
     packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer-full \
     cinematicexperience \
"

2)
~# Qt5_CinematicExperience -platform eglfs
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the
Qt platform plugin "eglfs".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Aborted

3)
root at aepimx53:~# opkg install qtbase-plugins

4)
root at aepimx53:~# Qt5_CinematicExperience -platform eglfs
QFontDatabase: Cannot find font directory /usr/lib/fonts - is Qt
installed correctly?
Aborted

5)
opkg install qtbase-fonts  -> resolvs the last missing qtbase
dependencies and QtCinematicExperience runs.

If you want to investigate about the EGL... surface error , I can try to
reproduce the problem again by removing the egls libraries.

I'll send the kernel and sources patch early to Daiane and
meta-freescale about the amd-gpu driver

Best Regards
Gianluca