[meta-freescale] hob error: libgl conflicting PREFERRED_PROVIDER entries

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Tue Nov 11 01:26:01 PST 2014

Hi Matthias,

Le Tue, 11 Nov 2014 09:59:12 +0100,
<Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com> a écrit :
> After the getting started I tried to use Hob to play a little with different setups. I added the "meta-fsl-arm" and "meta-fsl-arm-extra" layers, selected the wandboard quad and directly after the selection during the step "generating dependency tree" I got this :
>
> Trying to resolve runtime dependency libgl resulted in conflicting PREFERRED_PROVIDER entries being found.
> The providers found were: ['/home/theuser/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa_10.1.3.bb', '/home/theuser/fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics/gpu-viv-bin-mx6q/gpu-viv-bin-mx6q_3.10.17-1.0.1-hfp.bb']
> The PREFERRED_PROVIDER entries resulting in this conflict were: ['PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/mesa = mesa', 'PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgl = gpu-viv-bin-mx6q']
>
> Same also for libgl_dev.
> Obviously two providers for libgl but why are both "preferred" ? And why does the first entry say 'PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/mesa = mesa' instead of 'PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgl = mesa' ?
>
> I googled a little but didn't find a working solution, do you have an idea/hint how this can be resolved ?
> Thank you for your time and help,
> Mat

as stated in the release note :
http://freescale.github.io/doc/release-notes/1.7/index.html#document-known-issues
Hob is known to not work with with FSL Community BSP. Some of known
issues are problems generating the SD Card images and handling the GPU
drivers.

So you should better use directly bitbake instead of fighting with hob.

Best regards
Eric